- Direct Seafront 5 star house
- New Neff kitchen
- 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
- Superb quality beds
- Gorgeous furnishings Comfortable seating
- Newly decorated Heritage bathrooms
- 52" flat screen TV
- DVD & Stereo
- TV in both bedrooms
- Wi-fi Broadband
- Patio with table & chairs
- Large landscaped garden
- Sleep up to 4 persons
Green is Vacant Red is Reserved
- General Information
- Living Area
- "Waterside" This beautiful 2 bedroom/2 bathroom house is a seafront delight. Originally constructed in 1923 in the style of Lutyens, it has recently undergone a complete refurbishment, including a brand new Neff kitchen, new heritage style bathrooms, gorgeous furnishings and new burnished oak flooring throughout. The original entrance door, magnificent staircase and entrance hall have been lovingly preserved and combine with the unrivalled stunning seafront location to make this a vacation home that you just won’t want to leave. The serenely peaceful position right on the edge of the sea and the attention to detail in Waterside are unmatched. You can enjoy picnics & croquet on the lawn, barbecues on the terrace looking out over the sea, fishing off the rocks and watching the ever changing seascape out over the waters of Torbay, the West Country's truly spectacular answer to the Riviera. Drifts of sailboats, beautiful sunrises and sunsets make for wonderful memories of your time at Waterside. The views just cannot be bettered anywhere on this lovely stretch of Devon coast. Close to over 20 pretty beaches and small coves that are dotted around Torbay, Just a couple of minutes to the picturesque thatched cottages of the village of Cockington and a short distance from the quayside of Torquay Marina and the pretty fishing port of Brixham. All of the family from the youngest to the oldest will find nearby attractions to enjoy and there are plenty of leaflets in the house to make sure you do not miss any of them! Sleeps 2 - 4 persons
- Entrance Hall On arrival at Waterside you first encounter a large entrance hall and spectacular original staircase. The French windows in the hall look out over your terrace, lawn and on to the spectacular panoramic view out over the waters of Torbay. Lounge Moving on into the lounge you will find another set of French windows that open out onto the terrace. Sit back an relax on large comfortable oriental silk sofas with plenty of cushions. The chest of drawers contains loads of leaflets on the areas attractions, DVDs, books, games, cards and magazines. After a busy day at the beach, catch up on your favourite TV or watch a movie on the 52" flat screen TV & DVD. Notes: The ground floor cloakroom has decorative Edwardian style washbasin and toilet. The very best quality extra wide quarter sawn solid oak flooring has been used throughout the house, with the exception of the kitchen and bathrooms that have tile floors. Heating throughout is under-floor with individual thermostats in every room to ensure your comfort. Bathrooms have heated towel rails.
- Kitchen: The large open plan kitchen & dining room has views out over the flowering trees and shrubs in the borders that line the driveway. The dining area has table & chairs with seating for 4 and an exquisite custom made large oak dresser. If you are not out enjoying one of the many great restaurants found in the glorious South Hams you can make quick snack or prepare a full 6-course dinner in the fully equipped kitchen. Fitted with oak cabinetry and marble countertops, you will find chef quality saucepans and built in Neff appliances that include full size oven/grill with a combination microwave/small oven over, steamer, hob & larder fridge. If you decide on a cookout, then there is a charcoal barbecue to use out on the terrace. The separate utility room contains a large stainless steel side-by-side fridge/freezer with icemaker & water chiller. The laundry equipment consists of a large high capacity American style washing machine and a dryer.
- Bathrooms: Towels are provided for the bathrooms but please bring your own beach towels. The brand new bathroom fixtures are exact replicas of elegant designs from the 1020s, created exclusively by Sanitan. The Master bathroom has walk in shower, washbasin, high-level cistern toilet & bidet. Step out of the shower to warm towels from the heated towel rail. Bathroom 2 has cast iron white enameled slipper tub with hand held shower attachment, high level cistern toilet, bidet & washbasin.
- Outside: Enjoy relaxing in your own private garden and terrace with superb panoramic view of Torbay. Just outside the French windows is a covered walkway/sitting area. Then step out onto the paved terrace that runs the full width of the house, complete with patio table and comfortable sling chairs. A few steps lead down to a large grassy lawn surrounded by flowering trees, shrubs and flowers. Walk out of the bottom gate and down the steps to the waters edge to fish or explore the rock-pools. Torbay has over 20 lovely beaches and small coves for you to explore, many of which have achieved the coveted Blue Flag status. Walk out of the entrance gates and about 100 yards to the end of the quiet little street where it joins the main road to find a bus stop with service into the town of Torquay. It is about 5 minutes drive to the train station opposite the park.